International Coproduction FundDEADLINE:15 April 2020
The Goethe-Institut offers a fund for coproductions by artists in the fields of theatre, dance, music and performance art, in which hybrid and interdisciplinary formats and the use of digital media may be key components.
The fund supports collaborative projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries (including Egypt). The joint application, which must be submitted by the partner outside of Germany, must show clearly that good working contacts already exist between the partners and that both parties are interested in putting together a dialogue-oriented production.
The results of the collaborative efforts are to be presented in a professional setting abroad, and if possible also in Germany.
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions / third party funds and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership based on the artistic collaboration, not dominated by one partner
- Realisation of at least one performance outside Germany, if possible also one in Germany
- Projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries, will be preferred (applications from Austria and Switzerland cannot be considered)
- Applications for guest performance funding are not valid
An application should include a feasible financial plan which, in addition to third-party funding, should show the substantial contributions of all the project partners involved. The amount of funding requested should not exceed €25,000.