The 19th edition of ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival will take place between 8th and 13th September 2020 in Kuopio, Finland. Artists working in any field are invited to propose projects that directly engage with the theme of food.
Areas that your project may respond to may include one or more of the following (this list is by no means exhaustive):
- Food and identity; personal/regional/national
- Food and social inequality
- Food and environment/ecology
- Food and geopolitics
- Food and land use
- Rural and urban farming
- Food and community
- Food and belief/spirituality
- Cooking; dexterity and creativity
- Food and the everyday; feeding the family
- Food and celebration
- Food and gender
- Food and wellbeing
- Food and the body; disease, eating disorders, body-shape discourse
- Local food/Finnish food/seasonal food
- Fast food and delivery services; new economies
ANTI Festival’s key value is to support artists’ work and pay for their work. The application form asks you to estimate a budget for your proposed project. Please estimate a fee that you consider to cover your work in the project; also estimate travel and accommodation costs and other costs in details (materials, technical equipment etc.) – all that is needed to bring and present your work in Kuopio.
Based on the proposed budget, the organizers will negotiate on the actual budget with the selected artists. Unfortunately, they can’t comment on the financial aspects more at the moment.