Open call for artistic residencies in ETOPIA within the European ARTificial Intelligence Laboratory.
A total of 3 residencies, each lasting between one and two months, will be made available to artists from around the world. Residencies are to be held between January and March 2020 at the Etopia centre for Art and Technology in Zaragoza, Spain. The work produced will make up part of the VisionarIAs exhibition, which will be held at the centre from May to October 2020, as part of the programme of activities offered by the European ARTificial Intelligence Lab.
The aim of VisionarIAs is to compare machine vision with human vision, and investigate how differences between the two manifest themselves when creating, or recreating, a world view.
This open call is for artists and creators that want to create work or develop projects that exist within the field of:
- Vision and visuality of machines
- Creativity and Artificial Intelligence
Each selected artist will receive:
- A fee of €2000
- A maximum of €2000 for production costs
- A residence in Etopia lasting no more than 60 days, to be held between January and March 2020
- Full board (to be arranged with management)
- Access to Etopia’s production facilities
- Scientific and technical assessment
- Exhibition of the work, alongside other national and international creators, in an exhibition beginning in May 2020.
- The chance to promote your work along with the rest of the institutions that make up the European ARTificial Intelligence Lab.