ACAC AIR OpenDEADLINE:
Open call for artist residencies for two weeks to three months at the Aomori Contemporary Art Centre (ACAC) at the northern end of Honshu, the main island of Japan.
The period of stay at the ACAC must be between 17 June and 22 September 2020.
- Individuals or groups engaged in artistic pursuits, including curators, researchers, artists, or otherwise. (Hereafter referred to as “the artist” regardless of background or genre.)
- The artist should be independent, and capable of working and living on his or her own.
- Artists who choose not to exhibit will instead participate in exchange programs, including artist talks, lectures, performances, workshops, and school visits.
- The artist should be able to explain his or her artwork, and to give lectures or workshops in English or Japanese as part of the exchange program.
- The artist should be in good health.
- The artist should be able to speak and understand basic English daily conversation.
- THE ORGANIZER will provide a one-time round trip economy class air ticket from the international airport which is nearest to the Artist’s home to Aomori airport (or flight fare + railway fare to Aomori).
- THE ARTIST should make arrangements for a visa with which they may enter Japan.
- THE ORGANIZER will provide 40,000JPY per term in production expenses,
- THE ORGANIZER will provide the artists with a studio in the Creative Hall and with display space in the Exhibition Hall in ACAC.
- THE ORGANIZER will provide living costs according to the Aomori public university’s regulations for THE ARTIST.
- THE ORGANIZER will provide the artist with residential facilities in ACAC during the program period (a private single room)