Africa No Filter Emerging ArtistsDEADLINE:25 February 2021
Africa No Filter is seeking exceptional emerging artists for a 12-month remote fellowship. Fellows will be expected to develop and deliver a project which demonstrates and/or explores how art and creativity can be used to challenge harmful narratives about Africa and present contemporary, accurate narratives.
- Africa No Filter prioritizes emerging creative practitioners living in Africa (Sub-Saharan and North Africa).
- Interested Africans from the diasporaare welcome to apply if they can demonstrate that their work is Africa-focused and includes the collaboration or involvement of creatives living in Africa.
- Emerging artists and creative practitioners who are passionate about challenging pre-existing harmful narratives, using art and creativity as a medium.
- Fellows are encouraged to propose innovative, groundbreaking projects that have both digital and in-person elements, with Africa being the focus.
- Fellows are expected to attend a physical convening in 2021.
- The Arts Fellows Programme will provide 12 exceptional creative practitioners from across the continent with mentorship, peer to peer skills sharing and new networks through monthly fellow-led seminars throughout the year.
- Fellows are also supported with a $5000 grant to assist in executing the proposed project, documenting findings and establishing new creative methodologies that can be presented and taught to a wider audience.