Amant New York ResidencyDEADLINE:18 December 2020
Amant is seeking applications from artists working in a wide range of disciplines for its international residency program in New York City. Amant provides a studio, living stipend, and other forms of support to selected artists.
Residency period is 3 months in either of the following sessions:
- From the beginning of September to the end of November 2021.
- From the beginning of January to the end of March 2022.
- From the beginning of April to the end of June 2022.
- Artists with specialized training and a history of public presentation of their work in a professional context as well as emerging artists. Students are ineligible (except for Ph.D. candidates).
- Contemporary artists working in a wide range of disciplines including visual art, film, arts writing, literature, music/sound, performance, and theory.
- Artists who are currently based in NY cannot apply to the residency.
- Obtaining a visa to stay in the US (if required), is the artist-in-residence´s responsibility. Amant will provide an invitation letter.
- Independent studio space including wireless internet/heating/electricity, in our venue at East Williamsburg.
- Airfare: A round-trip economy-class air ticket between each resident’s nearest airport to an airport in NY. Transfers from NY airport to the resident’s accommodation.
- Access to artistic facilities, advice and support.
- Public space for programing and presenting projects in collaboration with the Artistic Director as well as spaces for rehearsing.
- A monthly stipend of $3,000 to offset the costs of accommodation, transport, day-to-day living expenses and a grant to carry out projects. Amant is not responsible for finding accommodation for the applicants during their stay in NY.