ArabLit QuarterlyDEADLINE: 20 October 2020
ArabLit Quarterly is looking for dreams-focused writing, however that might be interpreted. They are as happy to accept a pitch as a completed submission.
Please make sure your submission fits one of the categories below:
- Translations of pre-nahda texts about dreams, from Arabic
- Short-short fiction with a dream element, under 1500 words. Either in Arabic or translated from Arabic to English.
- Essays about dreams, either translated or originally written in English, but linked to Arabic literature.
- Poems about dreams, any length. Either in Arabic or translated from Arabic to English.
- Literary playlist essay, focused on a book (novel, short-story collection, poetry collection) where dreams are a central element.
- Essay about food and dreams
- A history of dream interpretation in a country (or countries) of the Maghreb or Mashreq
- Open letter to a late author that centers on dreams
- Translators Cafe interview or feature that has a dream element
- Short comix about dreams, either written bilingually, originally in Arabic, or with relation to Arabic literature.
ArabLit does not accept:
- Fiction and poetry written originally in English. Sorry.
Payment of $15/page