ArabLit Quarterly: SongDEADLINE:20 January 2021
ArabLit Quarterly's Spring 2021 issue will have a focus on SONG, with guest editor Karim Zidan. They are looking for musically focused writing, however that might be interpreted. The editors are as happy to accept a pitch as a completed submission.
Possible submissions include:
- Translations of pre-nahda texts about music, from Arabic
- Short or short-short fiction with a music or musical-instrument element Either in Arabic or translated from Arabic to English.
- Essays about music, either translated or originally written in English, but linked to Arabic literature.
- Poems about music (or poems set to music), any length. Either in Arabic or translated from Arabic to English.
- Literary playlist essay, focused on a book (novel, short-story collection, poetry collection) where music is a central element. Music about music.
- Essay about food and music
- A history of the relationship between music and poetry in a country (or countries) of the Maghreb or Mashreq
- Open letter to a late author that centers on music
- Translators Cafe interview or feature that has an element of song.
- Short comix about songs, either written bilingually, originally in Arabic, or with relation to Arabic literature.
The editors are not able to accept: Fiction and poetry written originally in English.
Payment is $15 per page