Archive of ForgetfulnessDEADLINE: 15 January 2021
The Goethe Institut South Africa invites submissions to "An Archive of Forgetfulness." The project, which will take form as a website, asks what it means, literally, culturally and politically, to engage with the materiality of movement on the African continent.
The project is an archive of mobility. Rather than understanding the archive as a direct record, it is posited as a patchy process of memory-making in itself.
- Preference will be given to submissions from the African continent.
- Contributions in the form of short texts, films, photographic essays, sound pieces or video performances that respond to the theme, or works that are a combination of the above.
- Contributions might be new or existing works but should not be older than five years.
- Written submissions (max. 1000 words) should be original, unpublished work. Translations may have appeared elsewhere in their original languages, but not in English.
- Time-based works should be minimum 1 minute and maximum 10 minutes.
- Up to 10 images.
Selected projects that are to be exhibited (online) will receive an honorarium of 5000 South African Rand.
Send submissions to (email@example.com)