Art Time Residency: PerformanceDEADLINE: 1 December 2020
Mophradat is excited to have partnered with Kunstencentrum BUDA and NEXT Festival in Belgium, to offer a performing artist from the Arab world an opportunity to be in residency for a three-week period during October or November 2021, during which they can use BUDA’s facilities to finalize a work in-progress. Immediately following the residency, the new work will be performed during the 2021 edition of NEXT Festival, which takes place across the Eurometropolis region of Kortrijk and Tournai in Belgium, as well as Lille and Valenciennes in France.
- Performing artists from or living in the Arab world
- Working on a new and original performing arts project and must have advanced in the development of the project.
- Working with contemporary forms of performance (classical theatre, community theatre, classic dance, and so forth, are not eligible).
- Unconventional projects dealing with experimental forms and/or concerned with progressive discourses are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have confirmed co-producers or a financing plan, as this residency only partially contributes to the production costs.
The selected applicant (working with maximum three collaborators) will have their travel and visa costs, per diem, and honoraria covered, in addition to receiving a contribution to their project’s production costs, and presentation fees for the performance at NEXT Festival.