Atelier for Young Festival ManagersDEADLINE:
In partnership with Bayimba Festival and Foundation, the Festival Academy is inviting 35 emerging festival managers to meet with expert festival leaders, artists and cultural activists for the 18th edition of Atelier for Young Festival Managers that will take place in Kampala/Uganda between 14 - 20 August 2020. This way participants will have the opportunity to attend Bayimba festival starting on 20 August.
Good to know:
- There is no age limit, but it may be interesting to know that the average age of Atelier participants is 35 (from experience of past editions)
- Excellent knowledge of English (working language of the Atelier)
- be supported by a festival, a cultural venue or another initiative in the cultural sector; or
- be supported by a training/academic institute (study module); or
- prove future employment in the field; or
- demonstrate strong personal arguments and motives.
- deal with one or more artistic disciplines within a festival or
- have a basic practical knowledge in festival operation
- demonstrate the ambition to deepen their skills in the field of programming or in a department closely related to it;
- prove that a study course (already completed or due to be completed) is in line with the Atelier; or
- give evidence of his/her ambition to work in the festival business or cultural field.
The full course fee is Euro €2100 and the reduced course fee for EFA member festivals is Euro €1600. The fee includes accommodation for seven nights, registration, working documents, access to all sessions, meals and drinks, receptions, local transport, cultural and artistic programme, and follow–up activities.
Two Festival Managers working in the Arab Region can receive support in the framework of the partnership between The Arab Fund for Arts & Culture (AFAC) and The Festival Academy (an initiative of the European Festivals Association) to give more festival managers from the Arab region the chance to participate in the Ateliers for Young Festival Managers. You need to be a citizen of one of the listed countries or regions (including Egypt) but you need not necessarily reside or be employed there to be eligible. The applications will be evaluated by an expert from both AFAC and The Festival Academy.