AUC Faculty in Music and TheatreDEADLINE:31 January 2021
The American University in Cairo (AUC) welcomes applications for tenure track positions in the Theatre and Music Programs in the Department of the Arts.
Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of Directing/Acting
Candidates should hold an MFA (preferred) in Directing or Acting or a PhD with the ability to teach other performance-based courses and courses based on expertise. Successful candidates should have an ongoing program of practice and research and at least five yeas of university experience teaching in a liberal arts educational system.
The candidate would teach Directing and Acting, as well as other courses as needed and based on expertise. This position is also responsible for directing at least one production annually. The candidate would be expected to maintain an active international practice and/or research agenda and to be actively involved in advising, department and university committees and arts outreach. The ideal candidate will be a practicing artist or scholar. Candidates should have an interest in liberal arts education and in developing strong theatre artists within this context.
Professor of Practice in Music Technology
The ideal candidate possesses a Master's Degree in Music Technology and professional experience in studios with DAW's (Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, etc.). The candidate will also have experience with various digital formats (Dante, MADI, etc.) and a track record of interdisciplinary work in the field of musical arts, including work with MaxMSP/Pure Data or some form of programming experience. Further, applicants demonstrating experience in video production (Final Cut Pro X) and the integration of media in the audio workflow will be at an advantage. Finally, applicants should demonstrate significant work, teaching and service experience in a liberal arts academic environment.
- Teach three courses per semester.
- Manage recording, editing and archiving of all Music Program concerts (as organized by the Concert Series Committee)
- Create and oversee experiential co-curricular learning opportunities for music technology majors.
- Serve on the Concert Series Committee (and various other committees).
- Manage recording and mastering studios and ensure that facilities operate at the standards of the Music Technology Institute.
- Update inventory, manage equipment and direct equipment acquisition in coordination with the Department of the Arts Technical Manager and full-time faculty in the Music Programs.
- Draft regular strategic planning vision for Music Technology in coordination with the Director of the Music Programs.
- Manage and mentor music technology majors, especially those completing graduation projects.
- Advise music technology majors.
- Manage the hiring and evaluation of adjunct faculty in the Music Technology area.
- Create and update curricular standards in the fast-paced and changing field of music technology.
- Recruit new students to the music technology major and help grow the program both within Egypt and internationally.