Beirut Cinema PlatformDEADLINE: 20 December 2020
Beirut Cinema Platform fosters a safe and open meeting space for Arab filmmakers to team up with likeminded professionals from the industry, be they co-producers, fund representatives, sale agents, or unconventional collaborators such as civil society actors, in the aim of forging unique cinematic and social alliances.
- The director has to be from an Arab country.
- The director should have previously directed at least one short film.
- Priority will be given to films with an Arab producer already attached.
- Only feature-length film projects are accepted (fiction, documentary or docu-fiction films).
- The projects submitted should be in development or a work in progress.
- For projects in development, the film should be the director’s first or second feature-length film.
- For fiction projects in development, a full draft of the script is required.
- Applicants are preferred to be able to communicate in English.
- Co-producers, commissioning editors, sales agents, and festival and fund representatives meet with the film teams over the course of three days.
- At the end of the event gathering more than 60 talents and experts, a jury composed of 3 professionals hands prizes to film projects in development and post-production.