Mophradat is collaborating with Rio de Janeiro’s Capacete on a residency opportunity from April 1 to June 30, 2020.
The program is for artists from the Arab world who seek to develop their practice in a professional context and create new projects reflecting their experimentation and research.
- Applicants must have been active in the arts for at least five years and have a demonstrable exhibition or project history.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate being present in art scenes locally and/or internationally.
- Students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must speak English.
- Applicants must be from the Arab world.
- One return economy airline ticket, accommodation in shared self-catering accommodation for the entire duration of the residency, a monthly stipend, visa costs, and travel insurance.
- An opportunity to participate in all of Capacete’s programs and a suggested program of visits to exhibitions, galleries, and sites of interest in Rio de Janeiro, as well as meet with arts practitioners in the Brazilian art scene
- Practical support, information, interpretation, and accompaniment for shorter trips, etc, provided by Capacete.
- An opportunity to present a lecture/talk by the artist to introduce their practice to the local public.
- Please note that there are no formal requirements regarding the output of the residency
Applications must ONLY be submitted in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- A completed application form (including your personal information, the contact of two references and responses to three questions related to the residency project).
- A curriculum vitae listing all educational and work experience.