Call for Communications ExpertDEADLINE:10 June 2020
Culture Resource implements together with MitOst (Berlin), A. M. Qattan Foundation (Ramallah) and L’Art Rue (Tunis) the project “Thaqafa Daayer Maydoor” (All-Around Culture), funded by the European Commission Programme to Support Youth and Culture in the Southern Neighbourhood.
The project fosters the cultural ecosystem as an enabling environment for social and economic inclusion of young people in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, and for the diaspora from Syria and Libya.
Culture Resource is seeking to recruit a Communications Expert to work closely with different stakeholders on the dissemination and visibility component of this project.
- Degree in Communications or a related discipline;
- 7-10 years experience in a post with similar responsibilities;
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written), French is an additional asset;
- Strong computer and internet research skills;
- Ability to work remotely;
- Strong writing and copywriting skills;
- Expertise in managing shared drives;
- Knowledge of the cultural scene in the Arab region is an asset;
- Knowledge of digital marketing and SEO;
- Knowledge of Photoshop and similar software is an asset;
- Experience in supervising promotional video production.
- Developing all promotional and communications materials;
- Ensuring the implementation of the communication strategy and relevant policies;
- Participating in the development of a communication toolkit to be shared and adopted by all partners;
- Collaborating with different stakeholders to develop the visual identity of the project and the website;
- Drafting press releases in Arabic and English and update the media reviews and draft media monitoring reports;
- Developing website content in 3 languages including news, feature stories, summaries of publications, etc.
- Managing and updating the website and developing newsletters;
- Creating and managing online social media channels for the project;
- Producing monthly reports depicting key performance indicators (KPIs) using Google analytics and social media insights;
- Managing the relations with the media and build a strong network of journalists and opinion-makers reporting on Culture in the region;
- Overseeing and implementing all dissemination related tasks (open calls, newsletters, announcements, etc.)
- Representing the TDM project in public events and media interviews;
- Ensuring Arabic, English and French consistency in promotional materials;
- Maintaining an open and participatory communication channel with different stakeholders;
- Developing and maintaining relevant documentation by archiving, updating and sharing the content;
- Ensuring partners, beneficiaries and foundations are credited on promotional materials according to their guidelines and regulations, including compliance with EU visibility guidelines;
- Preparing and organise press conferences, public and showcasing events in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator and under the supervision of the Program Manager;
- Supporting Program Manager in preparing communications budget and purchase orders;
- Identifying relevant service providers and drafting needed ToRs;
- Coordinating all outsourced communication-related services into completion;
- Keeping all data related to the project well organized and easily accessible at all times;
- Staying informed on developments in the culture sector as well as general socio-political changes, in the Arab region; and
- Performing other tasks related to the promotion of the TDM project if needed.
Applications including a CV, a motivation letter and sample of best communication work should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following title in the “subject” field of the email: Communications Expert Job Application.