Contour Biennale CuratorDEADLINE:28 February 2021
Contour Biennale is a biennale for contemporary art in Mechelen (Belgium). It is the longest-running art biennale in Belgium and is part of an international professional network.
The organizers are seeking a curator for Contour Biennale 10, which will be a long-running exhibition in Mechelen during the autumn of 2023. The assignment will run from June 2021 until December 2023.
- has access to an extensive network and has an understanding of the international visual arts landscape, as well as a critical perspective;
- has the capacity to occupy curatorial standpoints and to communicate them clearly;
- can free up sufficient time to present and to represent the biennale;
- possesses the necessary management skills to lead staff and has experience in project management;
- can work within a predefined financial framework and is willing to seek extra funding;
- will develop a public programme with both a widening and deepening dimension;
- will bear in mind the context of the medium-sized city where the exhibition is to be held.
The curator determines the concept, content and form of Contour Biennale 10. The curator has affinity with moving image and apart from curating the biennial is willing to search for connections with the performing arts and music programming of nona.