Creative Force is a funding programme by the Swedish Institute for international projects. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in the target countries who work through media or the arts to strengthen democracy, human rights and freedom of expression. It offers two types of grant:
Seed Funding is available for carrying out a small project or for preparing a larger project for which you plan to seek funding.
Collaborative Projects are larger projects which should involve knowledge exchange, capacity building or method development. The organizers recommend that you apply for this type of grant to scale-up a project which has previously received seed funding.
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries:
- In Africa and Middle East & North Africa (MENA): Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
- In Eastern Europe & Turkey: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Ukraine and Turkey
- Russia: Northwestern Russia
Projects should normally take place entirely in the target country or in both Sweden and the target country.
Seed funding up to SEK 100,000. Collaborative projects funding up to SEK 500,000 per 12-month period.