University of Colorado Art Museum AIRDEADLINE:7 January 2021
As part of the University of Colorado Art Museum biennial Artist-In-Residence Program, artists are invited to CU Boulder to create new work or curate an exhibition. The primary component will be a four to six-week on-site residency in the 2021/2022 academic year. Artists will interact with faculty and students both in-person and remotely to produce an installation for a 4,000 square foot gallery.
The on-site component will take place if the COVID-19 pandemic has been successfully managed by 2021/2022; if the pandemic continues, the Museum will work with artist/s to develop a remote alternative.
- Applicants should be engaged in contemporary artistic practice and demonstrate a continuing national or international exhibition record.
- Applicants must be external to the University of Colorado system.
- The museum encourages interdisciplinary projects and welcomes applications from individual or collaborative teams.
- $16,000 payment (or $10,500 if remote)
- Up to $2,500 for materials, equipment, framing and transportation of artwork (budget must be submitted and approved in advance).
- Support to identify and secure installation materials.
- Facilitate relationships and access to CU Art Museum collection items.
- Skilled labor during the installation process.
- Standard exhibition marketing and publicity.
- Standard photographic documentation of installation (does not include video documentation).