Current - Art and Urban SpaceDEADLINE:27 November 2020
CURRENT – Art and Urban Space is an interdisciplinary festival taking place in its first edition, in September 2021 at different locations, through-out the urban region of Stuttgart, Germany.
CURRENT invites artists to develop contributions that deal with “porosity” in urban space. The curatorial focus is on exposing the gaps and permeability in urban planning – aiming to explore the porosity in, or of the city, and its possibility for creating spaces of communication, experimentation, spontaneity, and urban appropriation.
- Proposals are welcome that address the thematic focus of porosity – in the context of the city, public space, as well as its relevance for an experimental and critical engagement with the urban.
- Invited, are artists from the fields of the visual arts, literature, audio-visual media and performance. The interest, discussion, or collaboration with architecture and urban themes and disciplines is welcome.
- Project submissions should address specific situations in Stuttgart’s urban space, preferably dealing with areas currently undergoing urban development. However, the project proposal does not necessarily need to demonstrate specified local knowledge of Stuttgart.
- Financial support of 3.000 Euros to maximum 20.000 Euros for each project
- Support in seeking additional funding opportunities/fundraising
- Technical and curatorial support
- Support for cooperation with regional companies and research institutions
- Public audience and exposure as part of the festival
- Portrayal into the festival publication
Send to email@example.com in German or English:
- Project description (1-2 pages) with accom-panying image material (PDF, max. 2 MB)
- Budget calculation, if applicable mention any additional financing possibilities in the event that co-production and fundraising possibilities are available
- Portfolio and CV, incl. contact details and website links (PDF, max. 5 MB)