Dancing on the Edge Scholarship ProgramDEADLINE:
Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) offers scholarships to young talent from the MENA region to attend a three-week summer dance workshop program in Amsterdam, taking place from 6 – 24 July 2020.
Dancers applying must
- come from (and be at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
- have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
- be no older than 27 years
- be capable of travelling and living independently for this period
- have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
- have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
- arrange their own visa if necessary (with the help of organizing parties)
The scholarship allows dancers to participate in the Amsterdam Summer Intensive. For three weeks in July (6 till 24 July), dancers can take technique classes and participate in workshops, taught by teachers representing the most important companies and styles in today’s contemporary dance world.
The DOTE Scholarship Program covers travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.