De AteliersDEADLINE: 1 March 2021
De Ateliers is an artists’ institute open to artists at the beginning of their professional career. It offers a two-year studio and tutoring programme centred around weekly individual studio conversations, with regular and guest tutors, most of whom are practicing artists. The aim is to create a better understanding of one’s artistic position and process by offering a multiplicity of perspectives and critical feedback.
- Although there is no formal age limit for applications, most applicants are under 28 years old.
- Command over English is required.
- A completed art education is NOT required.
Applications are assessed along criteria like:
- potential for development
- artistic urgency
- an interest in the visual/material/formal possibilities of art practice in a studio context.
Applicants from and living in the ‘Least Developed Countries’, ‘Other Low Income Countries’ and ‘Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list (including Egypt) do not have to pay an application fee.
- A private studio in De Ateliers’ monumental building in central Amsterdam.
- Rent controlled apartments in Amsterdam, offered first to participants coming from abroad.
- A yearly stipend. In the working year 2019-2020 the stipend was Euro €13.800
- A yearly production grant of Euro €2.000
Participation also comes with expenses. The participation fee for 2019-2020 was Euro €3.200.