Digital Earth FellowshipDEADLINE: 17 July 2020
DIGITAL EARTH IS A THINK TANK OF ARTISTS AND SCHOLARS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE GROWING PRESENCE OF THE DIGITAL AND ITS IMPACT ON THE PLANET.
The Digital Earth Fellowship 2020 - 2021 will focus on investigating The Planetary Sensorium and how we can imagine a humane digital earth to come.
The Digital Earth Fellowship welcomes 8 artists and/or duos from different practices who have shown extraordinary originality and dedication in their creative pursuits, and are committed to ideas of resilient futures, equitable societies, and critical diversity, showing a marked capacity for self-direction.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Age: 25 and older.
- Minimum 24 hours per week availability from September 1st 2020 until May 31st 2021.
- Demonstratively qualitative artistic practice and exceptional creativity.
- Motivation to become a part of Digital Earth’s network.
- Quality and criticality of the proposal.
- Alignment with the curatorial theme of The Planetary Sensorium.
- A Fellowship spanning 9 months (September 2020 - May 2021).
- Monthly Stipend, a total of Euro €13.500 per fellow for the entire fellowship.
- Consultations with acclaimed artists, curators, and scholars.
- Online research groups with other fellows.
- Online sessions with Digital Earth faculty.
- Presentation during partner events, symposia and exhibitions (online and in real life, when possible).