Diversity Film CompetitionDEADLINE: 20 October 2020
Safarni Intercultural Children's Workshop, Bassita, IOM Egypt and Amir Ramses are coming together to fund and support one short film or documentary that highlights issues related to diversity and migrants in Egypt.
Application is open to any short or medium-length film (fiction or documentary) whose subject is raising awareness on themes related to migrants in Egypt. The film should convey messages that aim to improve social cohesion, solidarity with migrants, or community inclusion.
- Short films (at least 1 minute) or documentaries (at least 5 minutes) are eligible
- The application is only open for projects or films in Arabic or English
- The project or film must convey messages to improve social issues faced by migrants
- The project or film should focus on the themes of solidarity, community inclusion, or social cohesion between migrants and Egyptians
- The application is open to projects at all phases: from synopsis or script to final copies
- A cash prize for the production process (up to 150,000 EGP)
- Mentorship sessions with filmmaker Amir Ramses
- Media coverage
- Application to international film festivals