Dancing on the Edge ScholarshipDEADLINE:1 March 2021
Dancing on the Edge (DOTE) offers scholarships to young contemporary dancers from the MENA region to attend a three-week Summer dance workshop program.
In 2021, depending on the development around Covid-19, this will either be offline in Amsterdam (attending the three-week Amsterdam Summer Intensive) or online in the three-week Online Masterclass Program.
This program will take place in July 2021.
- come from (and be at least partly based in) an Arab country or Iran
- have at least some (and preferably substantial) training and performance experience in contemporary dance
- be no older than 27 years
For the offline program:
- be capable of traveling and living independently for this period
- have enough resources to pay for food and other living expenses that may occur in this period
- have or be able to acquire health/travel insurance for this period
- arrange their own visa if necessary (with the help of organizing parties)
For the offline program, the scholarship covers travel and visa expenses, accommodation, program fees, and some performance tickets. There is no per diem: participants are expected to pay for their own living and other expenses. They should also pay their own travel/health insurance.