Grants for Media Art 2021DEADLINE:10 February 2021
The Foundation of Lower Saxony grant at the Edith-Russ-Haus for Media Art supports a wide spectrum of media art, from video art and net-based projects to audio works and audio-visual installations. Each of the three grants will be awarded for the production of a new project in the area of media art.
- The project or artistic work should be completed within the six-month duration of the grant. However, an extension up until April 2022 can be negotiated.
- Only artists may submit an application; institutions are ineligble.
- Both individual artists and artist groups can apply; however, the grant amount is the same for groups as for individuals. For artist groups, the applicant whose name is provided as a contact will be considered responsible for the Project.
- Grant recipients are expected to be involved in the activities of the Edith-Russ-Haus, including, for example, running workshops and giving presentations and artist talks. The dates of such activities will be arranged in consultation with the Edith-Russ-Haus.
- A grant in the amount of Euro €12,500
- If desired, grant recipients can apply to stay in a furnished guest Apartment.
- No further costs will be covered during the residency (such as technical means, production means, travel expenses, and living expenses incurred during the grant period).