Error & Power Artist Residency at HomeDEADLINE:16 April 2020
Artcore has decided to change their current Error & Power residency callout to a Residency at Home format, taking place from 20 April - 22 May.
The aim of the residency is to understand how error is used by artists, for what purposes, and with what outcomes, and its relationship to technological and political power, the characteristics of which are control regulation, prevention, and normalization.
Applications are accepted from early career artists working in any visual arts discipline, and with a cross-disciplinary practice.
Artists will work at home, documenting the creation of the work and broadcasting it through Artcore’s media channels.
- An Artist bursary of GBP £800 to produce work for exhibition on-line and, at some future point, at Artcore Gallery in Derby City Centre
- An Artist blog throughout the residency to share the progress of the work, or potentially to be the form/medium of the work
- A chance to deliver artist talks - live and recorded - online
- Remote mentoring support throughout the residency
- A catalogue – both digital and physical
- Publicity and marketing support