Fanoon Teaching Artist FellowshipDEADLINE:15 April 2020
A 9-month printmaking publishing and teaching residency for emerging to mid-career teaching artists at Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts in Qatar.
Fellows will design and co-teach a two-semester Master Class in the Painting + Printmaking Department, and be given a studio space and the opportunity to further develop their art practice
- MFA/Ph.D. in Studio Art, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of university-level teaching experience or 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Must possess a well-developed scholarly portfolio in the area of specialization, which is supported by an exhibition record that is national and/or international in scope.
- Strong collaboration skills, and demonstrate enthusiasm toward teaching and interacting within a multicultural environment.
- Conversant with contemporary art issues, critical theory, and contemporary studio practice.
- A nine-month appointment as a Fanoon Teaching Artist Fellow.
- Stipend (60,000 USD).
- Art materials budget (5,000 USD per semester).
- Free off-campus furnished housing.
- Access to a private studio and university facilities.
- Monthly local transportation allowance.
- Round-trip economy class airfare from the home destination, at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
- Possibility for a solo exhibition in Doha, Qatar in Spring 2021.