FILE – Electronic Language International FestivalDEADLINE:
Since 2000 FILE is a non-profit cultural organization that has been promoting exhibitions, workshops and gatherings that seek to investigate the appropriations of the technologic media in artistic accomplishments. With annual exhibitions in São, in addition to participations in national and international events, FILE is the biggest electronic art event in Latin America. For 2020, artists and researchers can submit their works in the main categories: Interactive Art, Digital Language, Electronic Sonority, Workshops, Symposium and Led Show*.
Each participant may send up to 3 proposals of works that have been accomplished in the last 3 years (2017, 2018, 2019) for FILE 2020.
FILE includes the following specific categories:
- Digital Language: As digital language are understood all the research and experiences in the wide scope of the multiple disciplines that uses digital media.
- Electronic Sonority: As electronic sonority are understood all research and experiences in the wide scope of sounds, having therefore a wider comprehension than the ambit of music, and open to possible transversalities with other disciplines.
- Interactive Arts: As interactive arts are understood all research and experiences in the ambit of art that uses interactive media and which take into account the relationship between the work and its viewer; works inserted in the intersecting fields of art and science, technology, among others …
- Led Show: “In situ” installations, of public character, to be displayed in LED facade of the FIESP-SP building
- Symposium: Talk proposals that have the aim to expand an international discussion on electronic digital culture in its interdisciplinary extension.
- Workshop: Projects that has the main purpose of transferring knowledge and also the research on the use of computing – and other technological languages – for creative purposes
The participant, in the act of shipping the works, authorizes FILE to exhibit those works in its events.
The festival is responsible for: the assembly of the work along with its technical specifications sent in advance to the production team of the festival; the disassembly in the absence of the artist through detailed technical roadmap; and the return of objects and equipment loaned by the artist as long as it has the prior instructions and the detailed list of specific items. Such instructions are paramount and full responsibility of the artists; the festival disclaims any problems resulting from their absence.
DIGITAL LANGUAGE: https://file.org.br/inscricao/en/digital-language
ELECTRONIC SONORITY: https://file.org.br/inscricao/en/electronic-sonority
INTERACTIVE ART: https://file.org.br/inscricao/en/interactive-art