Highlight Artist ExchangeDEADLINE:13 April 2020
Highlight Arts is launching a new exchange programme between Scotland and the Middle East and North Africa. Every year one Scottish artist will be hosted by a local organisation in the MENA region, and one MENA artist will be hosted by a local Scottish organisation.
This year the residency will take place between Glasgow (the National Theatre of Scotland) and Cairo (Orient Productions), some time between September and December. One artist from Scotland and one artist from Egypt will be selected.
- Artists interested in developing their performing arts practice. You don’t have to have a theatre/performing arts background, but your focus for the residency should be on a project which has a theatrical element at its core.
- Applicants from all levels of experience will be considered, however, you need to be able to demonstrate that you identify your needs as an artist and can self-direct the residency.
- This is open to individual artists only. Artistic partnerships or collectives are not supported.
- Be resident in Scotland or Egypt
- Be available for 4 consecutive weeks between September and December 2020
- Be over 18 years of age
- Travel (international and local)
- Artist fee for four weeks work (£440/week)
- One month’s accommodation
- Living stipend for one month
- Visa Costs
- Studio space
- Tech/Materials support
Please email your submission along with an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org