Il LazzarettoDEADLINE:31 March 2020
This year, thanks to its partnership with FARE and AIR – artinresidence, and the contribution of the Cariplo Foundation, Il Lazzaretto has decided to introduce a residency for two foreign artists.
During the residency, participants will be asked to activate working methods that are inclusive of Il Lazzaretto’s community and reference players. What is required of the artist is the activation of a co-creative act—a participatory process based on the engagement of the related target group.
Madness is the overall theme of 2020 at Il Lazzaretto.
The residency is aimed at artists or collectives of artists who reside abroad, and work through participatory practices with the use of any technique or language (performance, dance, theater, sculpture, painting, installations, video, digital, photography, etc.).
Il Lazzaretto will make available to the artist:
- Travel and insurance cost coverage that will be borne directly by Il Lazzaretto;
- Accommodation with shared bathroom and kitchen (or for private use, depending on availability), during the period of residency and during the “Festival of Madness!”;
- All Foundation and institution spaces involved in the project activities;
- Tutoring through FARE staff;
- Artist Fee of € 2,000.00, inclusive of food and on-site transportation. In the case of a collective of artists, the amount of the Artist Fee is € 2,000.00 total (not per-person);
- Production budget up to a maximum of € 5,000.00, managed by Il Lazzaretto.
The completed materials must be sent to email@example.com by March 31, 2020.