Impossible LibraryDEADLINE:30 April 2020
The Impossible Library is looking for allies to take part in a two-week residency in its Hamburg-based project space to research with the stacks, experiment, and formulate new artistic approaches.
Residency and stipend provide artists, writers, independent publishers, researchers, designers (but not limited to) with a focused work-phase to develop creative projects, public programs, and publications in relation to the Impossible Library.
Application is open to German and International artists, researchers, publishers. Open to parents (no day-care provided).
Residents propose a project, relating their practice to the Impossible Library’s stacks, space and relevant themes. Additional expectations include, availability for an artist talk and/or workshop and creating a subjective collection from the Impossible Library inventory (Reader / Device / Research Method).
- Accommodation in Hamburg for max 2 applicants (double-room) and stipend for 1 applicant
- EUR 1000 Fellowship
- Material costs for artistic production covered independently
- Studio at Impossible Library
- Over 1000 Zines & Magazines
- Travel Cost Coverage
- Possibility to exhibit during Indiecon - Germany’s largest Independent Publishing Festival 2020
- Logistical support by the Impossible Library Team