The International Forum is a 18-day scholarship programme of the Theatertreffen in cooperation with the Goethe-Institut and Pro Helvetia that promotes young artists from all parts of the world.
The International Forum 2020 will take place from 1 to 17 May.
The International Forum sees itself as a platform for comprehensive theoretical and practical exchange. The programme includes the presentation of the invited artists and their aesthetic practice in lectures, the participation in workshops held by renowned artists, experts from various disciplines and scholars, opportunities to see theatre productions invited to Theatertreffen and Stückemarkt, open space events and discussions on contemporary art as well as excursions into the diverse cultural landscape of Berlin.
The open call is aimed at artists interested in theatre up to the age of 35 from all artistic disciplines, who:
- are no older than 35 years
- have several years of independent professional experience
- are working continually in a professional artistic capacity
- are available to participate over the entire period (1 to 17 May 2020)
- have an adequate knowledge of German (at least B2, a certificate is necessary); exceptions for non German-speaking participants are possible at the suggestion of a Goethe-Institut
- have a good or very good knowledge of English, because a large part of the events will be held in English
The participants will receive a scholarship covering:
- tickets to Theatertreffen-performances and selected Stückemarkt-events
- travel expenses (full coverage / partial coverage / no coverage – depending on country of origin, most economic travel option)
- expenses for travel within Berlin by public transport
- hotel accommodation incl. breakfast (excluding fellows who are residents in Berlin)
- per diem (according to the performance agreement, this depends on the country) catering