Japan Media Arts FestivalDEADLINE:
The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of Media Arts (Media Geijutsu in Japanese) that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media - from animation and comics to media art and games. The festival gives awards and also provides a platform for appreciation of the award-winning and other notable works.
The 23rd edition of the festival will take place from Saturday, September 9 – Sunday, September 27, 2020 (TBC) at the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan) (Odaiba Area, Tokyo) etc.
All artists around the world, without distinction as to professional, amateur, independent, or commercial, are invited to submit their works to the four divisions:
Eligible works are completed or exhibited within a year before the deadline (October 6, 2018 – October 4, 2019).
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, Special Achievement Awards will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to individuals or groups who have made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions. This year, two new awards are added in order to praise various works as a festival showcasing the future.
- Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
- Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
- New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
- Special Achievement Award: Certificate, trophy
- Social Impact Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
- U-18 Award: Certificate
- Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections