La Pause ResidencyDEADLINE:
Thirty kilometers from Marrakech in the mineral desert of Agafay is an eco lodge called La Pause. It is also home to an artist in residency program aimed at supporting and promoting contemporary art in Marrakech.
Discovery, exchange and sharing are at the heart of this residency. From the beginning, visits are organized to introduce the resident artists to the local arts and crafts scene. Artists can discover and learn from the generosity, splendor and know-how of the artists and makers of Marrakech. These encounters and exchanges are a primary goal at La Pause; moreover, any collaboration initiated between residents and the Marrakchis is actively encouraged and supported.
Next edition of the La Pause Residency will take place from January 13th to February 15th, 2020.
Emerging artists from all over the world are invited to participate.
- Airplane tickets (*It’s possible to arrive before January 13th) (attendance all along the residency is mandatory and this, until the Sunday, 23rd of February.)
- Meals taken outside the residency.
- Any equipment or gear used for the realization of the artworks (with the exception of joint work with a local artist or artisan)
- One of the works made during the residency will be donated to La Pause. We reserve the right to chose it. The organisation will keep 30% of the sales made during the exhibition (or during the residency).
The four selected artists will be hosted at La Pause where they will be provided with a shared working space, lodging, and meals. Transport to and from the airport is also provided, as well as any trips into Marrakech to source supplies or meet with artisans etc.
An exhibition takes place in Marrakech at the end of their stay, during the 1:54 Contemporary Art Fair. The show presents a selection of the work to share with visitors and residents of Marrakech alike.
Required documents (Please send as one single PDF)
- Portfolio (incuding artistic statement)
- Cover letter / statement of intent : Why would you like to participate to the residency? Explain the project you want to develop during your stay. Include what kind of craft or artist you would like to work with.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to : email@example.com