La Becque Artist ResidencyDEADLINE:31 March 2020
La Becque's Principal Residency Program offers three- and six-month residencies to selected applicants. The residencies will be held between January and November, 2021.
The Principal Residency Program is oriented towards confirmed artists as well as up-and-coming practitioners with a high development potential. It continues to dedicate particular attention to projects exploring the interplay of nature and technology—two notions which are more than ever intertwined and at the core of contemporary preoccupations.
- Principal Residency Program welcomes applications from Swiss and international professional artists working in a wide range of disciplines, including: architecture, critical writing, design (product design, graphic design, design research), film, media arts, music and sound art, performing arts, photography, visual arts.
- Curators, critics and theorists active in research fields connected to cultural practices are also encouraged to apply.
- Emerging as well as established artists are welcome to apply, but applicants must be professional in their field and strive for excellence in it.
- Applicants must show proof of specialized training or an equivalent track record, recognition among their peers, and a history of publicly showing their work.
- Applicants should not be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs at the date of application. Doctoral students who have finished all coursework may apply.
- Applicants must be at least 23 years of age.
- La Becque’s Principal Residency Program provides the opportunity for artists to live and work on the unique site in La Tour-de-Peilz for periods of three months or six months.
- Artists-in-residence are provided with a live-work apartment for the time of their stay.
- Residents will receive a monthly stipend (CHF 1’500) to offset the costs of day-to-day living and partial cost of materials.
- Travel costs are generally to be covered by the residents. La Becque may provide travel support funds on a case-by-case basis.