Malmö Arab Film FestivalDEADLINE:31 May 2020
The 10th edition of Malmö Arab Film Festival will be held October 8-13, 2020.
Around 75 features, short films and documentaries from all over the world are screened during the festival. There are also competition sections, panoramas, retrospectives, special screenings, workshops, seminars and celebrations. Parallel to the the festival is the MAFF Market Forum, an industry forum for collaboration between the Nordic and Arab industries.
- Submitted films should be produced in 2019-2020. No contributions that have been produced before the year 2019 will be accepted.
- Submitted films should be subtitled to English or Swedish language.
- Submitted films will not be accepted if they have been screened in Sweden before.
- Films longer than 70 min should be submitted as feature films, and films less than 70 min should be submitted as short films.
There is no fee for applying. No compensation will be paid by the festival to showcase the film.
The selected films will be mainly shown in Malmo as well as in other cities in the region in parallel with the festival days (maximum 4 screenings).
- Best Short Documentary Film – Prize value 10000 SEK (±1000 USD)
- Best Short Film – Prize value 10000 SEK (±1000 USD)
- Best Feature Documentary Film – Prize value 15000 SEK (±1500 USD)
- Best Feature Film – Prize value 20000 SEK (±2000 USD)