Midnight MomentDEADLINE:12 October 2020
Midnight Moment is the world’s largest, longest-running digital art exhibition, synchronized on electronic billboards and Newspaper Kiosks throughout Times Square nightly from 11:57pm to midnight.
- Content must be original works of moving-image art.
- Content must be appropriate for programming in a public space.
- Content cannot be construable as an advertisement for anything, and should include no logos.
- Proposed works should be submitted in their final form (at 170 seconds), not as a work-in-progress.
- Content should present well at a large scale and cropped in various aspect ratios, as it would be exhibited on electronic billboards of Times Square.
- World or New York City premieres are valued, although re-imaginings of historical works are also considered.
The program runs every night from 11:57pm-midnight with the exception of New Year’s Eve, on participating Times Square Electronic Billboards from 41st–49th Streets between Broadway and 7th Aves. With 312,000 daily visitors to New York City’s Times Square, it is one of the highest profile public arts programs.