Thaqafa Daayer Maydoor Project CoordinatorDEADLINE:
MitOst is looking for a project coordinator for the project "Thaqafa Daayer Maydoor".
The new project Thaqafa Daayer Maydoor will foster the cultural ecosystem as an enabling environment for social and economic inclusion of young people in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, and for the diaspora from Syria and Libya. The project adopts an ecosystem approach supporting cultural institutions, initiatives and individuals to strengthen their capacities and positions through core funding, knowledge exchange and networking opportunities.
The project coordinator will travel between their own work/home location in the Southern Neighbourhood region, the MitOst office in Berlin, the partner offices in Beirut, Ramallah and Tunis and the project implementation locations. The position is planned as a freelance contract of up to € 2.500 per month (incl. taxes), plus allowances for office costs, travel, visa, insurance etc.
- Proven experience with planning, management and reporting of complex and large scale projects, experience with European Commission funding is an advantage
- International team coordination experience incl. HR and budget responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in the field of art and culture, youth and/or non-formal education in the Southern Neighbourhood
- High level of motivation, excellent communication and social skills
- Intercultural curiosity and sensitivity as well as joy working with people
- Desire to work together closely in a team, ability for independent working and decision-making, reliability and ability to travel frequently
- Very good command of English and Arabic, proficiency in French and other relevant languages is an advantage
- Confident use of computer software and online tools
- Coordination of the project’s steering committee: (strategic) communication and decision-making between project partners
- Coordination of the planning, implementation and reporting of the overall project budget and activities, incl. consolidation of (partner) plans and reports to the European Commission
- Coordination of the project operational, financial and technical frameworks, incl. ToRs, contracts etc., making sure project implementation is compliant with European Commission procedures and conditions
- Coordination of the overall project implementation with project partner teams, making sure project activities are in line with the overall project objectives, approaches and methods as well as following (strategic) decisions from steering committee
- Supervision of the project team at MitOst (ca. 3 positions) that is responsible for knowledge management, monitoring & evaluation, financial administration and reporting
- Representation of the project and the partner consortium at events and networking
Send your CV and motivation with an indication of the earliest possible start date and preferred work location by 10 January 2020 with subject “Project Coordinator TDM” by email to Mrs Serra Özhan: ozhan[at]mitost.org (1 PDF document, file size max. 3 MB). The job interviews take place from ca. 13-24 January 2020.