New Narratives Youth Advisory BoardDEADLINE:14 December 2020
New Narratives is a programme of the British Council which aims to foster deeper and more meaningful people-to-people engagements between young people across the countries of Africa and the UK, through a suite of digital storytelling and collaboration programmes, in sectors of mutual interest.
This is an open call for members of the Youth Advisory Board, which will ensure effective and successful delivery of the New Narratives programme. The board will provide appropriate advice, insight and recommendations. It will consist of young people from the UK, Sub-Saharan Africa, and North Africa.
Young people (aged 18-35):
- Who are influential in their communities as artists, activists, academics, entrepreneurs, influencers or technologists (etc)
- Who have significant online and offline networks that can be reached with learning and content from the programme;
- Who are passionate about creating or deepening international connections and collaboration particularly between the continent of Africa and the UK;
- Who have demonstrable experience in leadership and/or advisory roles of programmes or organisations;
- Who are willing to engage long term with the British Council and Africa-UK New Narratives network;
Applicants must be from the following eligible countries:
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Southern Africa: Botswana, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Lybia, Morocco, Tunisia.
- West Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone.
- United Kingdom: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales.
All members of the advisory board will be remunerated, at a daily rate of £150 per day, up to 20 days a year. Expenses will be paid as pre-agreed.