Nomadic Island Artist in Residence CampDEADLINE:15 April 2021
The Nomadic Island project is an artist residency project that goes beyond a usual creative residency since it merges with the experience of living in an international community that takes place at the same time. It is an experimentation platform involving an heterogeneous group of artists on one side, and an equally heterogeneous group of local residents on the other side. During a lapse of time of three weeks, the international community-based settlement is intended to create a space to let synergies arise around the theme of alternative ways of living and working.
- The proposals have to relate to the theme of "Alternative ways of living and working" in an incontestable manner.
- The artists will settle themselves with their own sleeping facilities that have to be as self-produced and autonomous as possible.
- The artistic proposals have to fit the participative and collaborative philosophy of the Nomadic Island project and consider issues of sustainability, community building, interaction and participation of local residents.
- Nomadic Island will provide the artists with a remuneration of 2.000,- euro per artistic contribution. Travel expenses to the Nomadic Island location will be refunded up to 200,- euro upon proof of payment.
- All meals will be provided by the organisation during the whole month of residence.