Onassis AiRDEADLINE:24 April 2020
Open call for ONASSIS AiR: The Infinite Rehearsal in Four Movements, the (inter)national artistic research residency program in Athens which runs between September 2020 and May 2021.
The residency is conceived as a collective program focused on two research areas: Identities Annihilated and Everything Equally Evolved. Each Movement Group of five to six participants will engage in a collective “rehearsal,” bringing their own “instrument” in the form of their existing practice that clearly engages with one of the research topic areas in a radical way.
The working language of the research groups is English.
FALL 2020:IDENTITIES ANNIHILATED MOVEMENT I: September 14 — October 25, 2020 MOVEMENT II:November 2 — December 13, 2020
SPRING 2021: EVERYTHING EQUALLY EVOLVED MOVEMENT III: February 17 — March 31, 2021 MOVEMENT IV: April 7 — May 19, 2021
- Artists, curators, designers, activists, collectives, educators, lawyers, performance and film makers, economists, agitators, philosophers, and other practitioners
- It is for those who live & work in Greece or anywhere in the world.
- There are no age restrictions.
- There is no requirement of formal academic degrees.
- It is for those practitioners who can clearly demonstrate an extensive engagement within their practice of the two research topics that will be explored in 2020/21.
- It is for those who seek collective exploration and co-existence with their peers without hierarchical structures.
- It is for those who seek a non-homogenous collective environment composed of groups of practitioners coming from diverse disciplines and practices.
- It is for those who are interested in an intensive period of collective study & research during the six week duration of each Movement Group that will be coming to Onassis AiR during Fall 2020 & Spring 2021.
- Due to limitation of space and the small group of each Movement Group, in case of collectives, only one representative member can be accepted.
All accepted participants will receive a research fee, housing & travel to/from Athens if from abroad, collective research budget, and other resources.