Pier-2 Artist-in-ResidenceDEADLINE:31 May 2020
Pier-2 Art Center in Taiwan is organizing a residency around the concept of “RePAIR”. Art can repair malfunctions and restore, while “re-” also implies retrospection, rethinking and reflection on pre-established impressions.
Selected artists will do their residency in Pier-2 for 60-90 days during the period of March 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021. Duration of residency is 90 days as maximum (VISA allowance), and shall be no less than 60 days.
- Individuals and groups that engage in art creation in Taiwan and abroad are welcome to apply; no restrictions are set on the types of creation or to any nationality.
- The applicants shall at least have bachelor degree or complete equivalent academic education.
- Applicants must be capable of communicating in English during the residency.
- Studio and living space.
- An area and opportunities for art exchanges.
- Transportation fee for artists from abroad: round-trip economy class flight tickets, departing from and returning to the same location.
- A daily living allowance of NT$500 (Date of departure excluded).
- Material fee for the residency plan and the workshop plan; NT$35,000 as maximum (valid receipts required for the reimbursement).
- One of the PAIR staff will be the contact person that assists artists during their residency.