PIXELS FEST is a new initiative aimed at broadening the frameworks of digital media art in urban environment of Yekaterinburg and creating a communication field for which the Yeltsin Center media façade will be a gigantic screen for up to date video-art works of artists from around the world.
The Yeltsin Center media façade is one of the biggest in Russia and it gives the artists a unique chance to show their works on a more that 2000 square meters public space. Both Russian and foreign artists have already worked with the media façade, but this is the first time that the facade will host a festival of such scale and duration.
Artists, artistic groups and designers from all over the world are invited to participate in the contest of digital video-art on the media façade of Yeltsin Center.
The Theme: Digital Utopias
Categories of the Contest:
- Generative video-art
- 2D and 3D animation made by digital/mostly digital means
- Other types of animation/video-art (frame-by-frame, classical, collage etc.).
- use of specific shape of the buildings as part of artistic concept
- the submitted artworks must reflect the theme of the contest or to be in dialogue with the related topics
- more than 70% of the work is to contain animated elements (non-static)
- submitted artworks may have sound components
- submitted artworks should not contain subtitles
- the submitted artworks must meet the technical requirements
- each participant can send up to 3 artworks for the contest
By open voting the juries define:
- 3 winners, one for each category, who will receive the prize of 140 000 rubles.
- Winners included into the shortlist, who will receive incentive prizes of 2х2 TV channel and whose works will be demonstrated on the media façade of the Yeltsin Center together with other works of the winners within the framework of the Festival.
Online public voting defines:
- 1 winner who will receive an incentive prize of 2х2 TV channel and a chance to have his work demonstrated on the media façade of the Yeltsin Center together with other works of the winners within the framework of the Festival.
- All artworks, submitted for Round 2, will be demonstrated on the Yeltsin Center Media Façade within a special 1-time show.