MAFF Post Production PlatformDEADLINE:31 May 2020
Post Production Platform is a fund from the Malmo Arab Film Festival for feature-length narrative and documentary projects in post-production by directors of Arab nationality or origin. The Post-Production Platform supports filmmakers by offering them assistance and coaching to complete their projects.
- Feature (narrative or documentary) film directed by Arab filmmaker
- Project in the stage of post-production
- The film must be at least 70 minutes for narrative category, and 50 minutes for documentary category
- 20 min excerpt available for screening
- At least one representative of the project must be able to come to Malmö during MAFF Market Forum 2020
- All participating film projects must have English subtitles
- Swedish co-producer is NOT required
MAFF will hold closed screenings of 20 min excerpts from 8 new feature films (narrative and documentary) that are in the final stages of the editing process or available for distribution. A panel of select industry experts and a jury provides immediate individual feedback.
The screenings will be followed by a day of pre-booked one-on-one meetings tailored to the needs of the projects where participants will be able to present their projects in more detail to industry experts and jury members.
MMF Post Production Platform awards consist of more than USD $100,000. Only the film projects selected as winners by the jury will be granted awards.
The name of the projects selected to receive the support will be announced during the closing ceremony of MAFF Market Forum on October 11, 2020.