Fellowship in Civic EngagementDEADLINE:
Pratt Institute’s Department of Fine Arts invites applications for a new Fellowship in Civic Engagement.
Established artists who are active in cross-disciplinary, collaborative, socially engaged practices that seek to address the social and political realities of community are encouraged to apply. Applications from a diversity of practices are welcome.
Education: MFA degree or equivalent
- Established artist with a considerable record of active practice in their area of expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the Institute.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Leadership qualities.
- Higher education teaching experience is preferred.
This Fellowship represents a full-time, non-tenure track appointment at the Visiting Assistant Professor level, renewable for a second year. This position is in support of our ongoing commitment to an equitable and inclusive learning environment. The selected Fellow will foster interdisciplinary collaboration across the institute and forge relationships with external communities and organizations. In addition to teaching responsibilities in the Fine Arts Department, the selected fellow will develop programming and/or workshops connecting their practice to both internal and surrounding publics.