Head of Pro Helvetia CairoDEADLINE:20 January 2021
The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia runs a regional liaison office in Cairo, which is mandated to support projects in the Arab world. They are appointing as of 1st of July 2021 or by arrangement a HEAD OF PRO HELVETIA CAIRO / ARAB WORLD. The role is responsible for the general management (conceptual as well as administrative and financial) of the liaison office, supervises 5 employees, works in close cooperation with and reports to the head office in Zurich, Switzerland.
- University degree or equivalent education.
- Competence in conceptual thinking and willingness to take on responsibility, excellent communication and networking skills Experience in cultural project management and administrative work, including expertise in financial management and accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of the contemporary cultural scenes in Egypt and the Arab world and professional experience within at least one artistic discipline.
- Familiarity with the international (incl. European) art environment and strong cross-cultural sensibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic (written and spoken), knowledge of German and/or French is an asset.
- Experience with the production of cultural events.
- Experience in personnel management, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and willingness to work hands-on.
- Willingness to work irregular hours (evenings and weekends) and travel for business.
You will manage and strategically develop Pro Helvetia’s activities in Egypt and the Arab world, develop and monitor the office’s annual programme, process applications in all art disciplines (except film) in collaboration with the specialists at the head office in Switzerland, as well as ensure the accurate reporting on the office’s activities.
You will build new and expand the office’s existing networks within the arts sector in Egypt, Arab countries and Switzerland and maintain relations with other foreign arts councils, Swiss representations (Swiss embassies and consulates) and regional arts and cultural bodies.
You will promote, stimulate and support (in cooperation with cultural actors and partners from the region) artistic/cultural projects with Swiss content as well as cultural exchange activities with Swiss and Arab participants and the Arab region and be responsible for the financial administration of such projects.
You will oversee the communication strategy of the office. You will moreover contribute your knowledge on the region and critical insights to the further development of Pro Helvetia’s global activities, in dialogue with your peers within the organisation in Switzerland and around the world.
Send your full application in English (CV, 1-page motivation letter, diplomas/reference letters – preferably in 3 files) and at least two contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th of January 2021. Include the email subject “Head Cairo”.