Permanent Public ArtworkDEADLINE: 29 June 2020
MIRA and MASSIVart invite national and international artists to develop a proposal for a permanent public artwork to be located in the public plaza of MIRA’s latest real estate development in Mexico City: Neuchâtel’s Cuadrante Polanco.
- This commission is open to professional, emerging and consolidated artists 18 and over. Each applicant may submit only one proposal.
- Artist teams may apply and must designate one artist as the lead contact.
- All artists must have a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated professional visual art experience. Examples of work submitted must be original, recently completed artwork (within the last 10 years).
- Artists must have experience producing artworks similar in scale and complexity to this project. It is preferable but not necessary for the applicants to have experience creating, fabricating and installing permanent outdoor public artwork, and working within the public process.
The call for artists will be two-phased:
- The first stage will shortlist three to four applicants based on qualifications demonstrated from the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae, portfolio of work, and preliminary artistic approach.
- In the second stage, each of the three or four artists or artist teams/collectives will be given a compensatory fee to create a detailed artist proposal including written information, a budget, sketches and renders, preliminary construction plan and other descriptive presentation materials as needed to fully describe the concept intent.
A total budget of 6,000,000.00 MXN Pesos will be allocated to the art installation’s project.