SAM ResidenciesDEADLINE:28 February 2021
Singapore Art Museum (SAM) is launching its SAM Residencies programme with the first open call for three residencies designed to engage both the art community and the public at large.
The studio-based residencies will take place within a period of one to six months. The topics and themes explored in each residency cycle will reflect contemporary concerns, with the 2021 cycle focusing on artistic practitioners whose processes engage with notions of “intimacy,” “infrastructures” and/or the impact of technology on contemporary life.
There are three types of residency, with different criteria:
- Artist Residency: open to artists and collectives who are looking to develop artistic practices and emergent modes of artmaking.
- Community & Education Residency: open to practitioners who explore the relationship between art practice and forms of education or whose core practice engages with local communities or the public in various ways.
- Curatorial & Research Residency: open to curators and researchers who are working on new modes of curatorial thinking and research process.
- 1 x roundtrip airfare on economy class.
- Monthly stipend of SGD1,500
- Housing allowance (for applicants not based in Singapore)
- A studio space
- An "ideas lab" – a shared space where anyone is free to post (physically), respond, explore and flesh out ideas-in-progress
- Support from the museum and the Residencies team in the form of (but not limited to) institution resources and expertise, network building, opportunities for public engagement, and a scaffold for interaction and exchange.
Application form - Artist residency
Application form - Community & Education residency
Application form - Curatorial & Research residency