A Sea of WordsDEADLINE:17 May 2020
“A Sea of Words” is a short story contest focused on constructing a common future based on shared values, in this case the concern and joint fight for the protection of the environment and sustainable development, through experience-based or fictional stories.
The motto of the 13th edition of the contest is “Young People Faced with Climate Change in the Mediterranean and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
- Young people aged between 18 and 30 years can participate
- People with nationality and residence of one of the 42 countries in the Euro-Mediterranean area (including Egypt).
- The stories must be original and can be written in any of the official languages of the 42 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean area.
- Only one story per author will be accepted.
- The stories must not exceed 2,500 words.
- People who have been selected in previous years are not eligible.
The stories selected will be published in a book in digital format with the texts in the original language and their corresponding English translation.
The authors of the 10 best texts, selected by an international jury, will be invited to Barcelona to attend the awards presentation ceremony (30 September) and a creative writing workshop and a cultural exchange to be held from 30 September to 2 October 2020.
The organisation will cover all travel expenses, visa, meals and accommodation pertainingtothe previously detailed activities.
Stories must be sent in Word format to the following address: email@example.com. The message must include the title of the story together with the author's personal details: name, telephone, postal address, e-mail and date of birth.