Séminaire en AvignonDEADLINE:5 April 2020
Launched jointly by the Avignon festival and Pro Helvetia in 2013, the «Séminaire en Avignon» offers up-and-coming young stage practitioners a platform for in-depth exchange in both theoretical and practical fields. Young artists from several countries are selected and given the possibility of participating in an intensive week of discovery in connection with contemporary artistic expression at the festival in Avignon.
- Candidates must have continuous professional experience in their country (at an institutional theatre or in the independent scene) as stage director, actor, performer, dramarurgy, stage designer or choreographer, etc.
- Candidates must have some experience in planning and implementing projects of their own.
- Candidates must be below 35 years old.
- A good command of French is also required (spoken and written)
- Motivational letter must be sent in French.
The programme enables participants – accompanied by a coach – to watch and discuss a wide variety of performances, to meet professional theatre practitioners from Europe and beyond, and to take part in debates with artists, critics and specialists of the performing arts who are attending the festival.