International Solo-Dance-Theatre FestivalDEADLINE:
The International Solo-Dance-Theatre Festival Stuttgart will provide an overall view of the latest trends in the solo-dance-theatre scene. As participants in the competition, choreographers and dancers from around the world are requested to perform a solo piece which is new, original, imaginative, unique and which displays unusual achievement. The respected jury will judge choreographic and dance skills as well as musicality, interpretation and performance.
The festival will take place in Stuttgart, Germany in March 2020.
- Choreographers may participate in the competition with a solo piece that is presented either as a premiere or hasn’t been performed on stage for the first time before March 2020.
- The duration of the performance has to be between 9 and 12 minutes.
- The choreographies should be developed along the lines of a contemporary and genuine movement-language.
- The applicant is free in choice of subject and music. The piece may be interpreted by the choreographer him/herself.
- The dancer must be 30 or younger.
- Competitors are obliged to be available for performances on the four festival days. They agree to be available for rehearsals, interviews, movie and television recordings and photos free of charge.
The participants will be accommodated in a double bed room which will be shared with an other participant. The organizer takes over the hotel costs (incl. breakfast) and pays a subsidy towards the travel expenses.
Prizes to a total value of € 16.000 will be awarded. Before the award winners are paid, the organizer is obliged to deduct tax from the prize money.
Choreography Performance 1st prize € 3.500 1st prize € 3.500 2nd prize € 2.500 2nd prize € 2.500 3rd prize € 1.500 3rd prize € 1.500 Public awards Public’s First Choice Award € 500 Public’s Final Choice Award € 500 Residence Prize Eastman Prize Stuttgart
Apply (choreographer is also dancer of the piece)
Apply (choreographer is not dancer of the piece)